much like our sense of smell, our sense of taste can trigger feelings too. when there’s a shift in the seasons i find myself getting a particular feeling while eating food. some dishes are cozy, some are comforting and some are just perfect.
this series called food/feeling is where i’m going to introduce a dish and a photo of a feeling it invokes. enjoy!
- 2 cups dry whole grain shells
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 ounce light cream cheese
- ¼ cup fat free evaporated milk
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- ¼ cup cooked, crumbled bacon
- ¼ cup sliced scallions or green onions
- Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and return to pan. Reduce heat to low.
- Add pumpkin through salt and pepper and stir until cream cheese is melted and mixture is warmed through.
- Divide between two bowls and top with crumbled bacon and green onions.